HOW TO CONTACT ME...
Order Online: http://stampandscrapwithme.stampinup.net
Email: taramacfarlane@shaw.ca

Phone: 604-858-6095

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mother's Day Workshop - April 28th

For this workshop, we'll be making a Mother's Day card for sure. Here is a simple tri-fold. I'm letting the participants choose the colors they want to work with.

Here is the photo wallet. I really had an a-ha moment when making this. At about midnight when I had it all put together, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I LOVE this. The envelopes flip out so you can journal underneath about the pictures you have on the slide out portion. Cool eh?

This is the altered 5x5 journal from the Spring Mini catalog with the petals and paisley's designer paper and self-adhesive die-cuts from the Just Delightful SAB scrap kit.
The inside pages I printed on cardstock from MS Word.
The divider pages I used the petals and paisleys designer series paper and glued it to carstock to give it rigidity. I then used the tab punch for the dividers. I used the yellow eyelets from the Fresh Favorites eyelet combo.
Here are the address pages I used in section one of my book which I made up in MS Word and then printed them out on cardstock. The middle section I labeled "Notes" which is the Very Vanilla cardstock that comes in the journal when you purchase it.
In the third section labelled birthdays, I made up monthly birthday sheets so you can list the birthdays you have in that particular month. And then of course it's handy to have the addresses right there...a-ha! I made this in MS Word as well and printed it on Cool Caribbean cardstock.

I used a large eyelet and my crop-o-dile to place a pen loop using this fantastic ribbon which I believe is from the Prep School assortment. I love this book. I don't want to give it away. I think I'll make another and then decide which one to give to my mother-in-law.

So for the workshop, a participant can choose to make a Mother's Day card and the photo wallet for $10. They can choose to make a Mother's Day card and the altered 5x5 journal for $15 or they can do all three for $25.

Your feedback would be appreciated. What do you think of the projects? Do you feel that it is good value for the money for participants to make these projects? Thanks for your time!

3 comments:

Tankgirlxx said...

I love all the stuff you make, I think it's brilliant but then I don't have a crafty bone in my body, well that I'm aware of anyway. I'll have to give it a go and see how hapless I really am. I think it's a good deal tho.

Anonymous said...

These look absolutely beautiful...great work...and well for some more interesting stuff for Mothers Day also visit my blog on Mother's Day Cards and check out all that's there...i'm sure you'll enjoy your visit!!!

Regina said...

The book is FANTASTIC!