HOW TO CONTACT ME...
Order Online: http://stampandscrapwithme.stampinup.net
Email: taramacfarlane@shaw.ca

Phone: 604-858-6095

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Teacher Gift-My First Canvas

I started with an 8x10 canvas and inked it first with my creamy caramel craft ink pad, then my close to cocoa craft ink pad and finally a few swipes with my chocolate chip craft ink pad.
I then added a strip of patterned paper from the recollection collection and used my distressing tool to rough up the edges.
I then copied my sons class picture on my printer onto glossy white paper (it's not the greatest but I know she has an actual photo of the class) I then mounted the picture on chocolate chip which I also distressed the edges. I then used my mega and giga scalloped punches with chocolate chip and close to cocoa paper. This is where I wrote the kids names. Of course I needed to add some bling, so the I added some flowers and some rhinestone looking flowers.
Here I added to the bottom chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon with pewter hodgepodge hardware ribbon charms. I attached them with glue dots all the way around to the back. *Just under the charms)
Finally, I used sticky strip all around the edge and attached cranberry crisp stitched ribbon for the hanger.

This is the final product. I think it turned out ok. I really like it! What do you think? What would you do different?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What agreat prroject! It looks beautiful! TFS!

Sue said...

As per usual, "awesome"! Keep those ideas coming!

Anonymous said...

I think this is just lovely Tara and I may have to CASE you!

StampingBetty said...

Lovely! I already ran to the dollar store last month and got my 12 x 12 canvas but haven't touched it yet. Great tutorial!